500 signatures reached
To: Ella Makin of Waikato District Council
Stop the Mainland Poultry mega egg factory farm in Orini, Waikato
WE CALL ON WAIKATO DISTRICT COUNCIL TO DECLINE MAINLAND POULTRY'S APPLICATION TO BUILD A MEGA EGG FACTORY FARM IN ORINI.
I believe that Mainland Poultry's proposed mega egg factory farm in Orini, Waikato is not suitable for the local community, its people or its environment and that it will have detrimental animal welfare implications.
I oppose the construction of Mainland Poultry's mega egg factory farm and I'm calling on Waikato District Council to decline the application.
I believe that this situation is of national relevance and I am disappointed only Limited Notification to the closest neighbours has been granted. Therefore, I am submitting anyway and expect the Council to take my concerns into consideration.
Why is this important?
I oppose Mainland Poultry's application to build a mega egg factory farm in Orini, Waikato because it will have a detrimental impact on the local community, the environment and animal welfare.
I want the Waikato District Council to decline Mainland Poultry's application for the following reasons:
- Odour impact - this factory farm will stink
- Visual impact - this factory farm will be a visual eyesore
- Traffic impact - this factory farm will vastly increase heavy traffic in the area
- Flooding impact - this factory farm will be built in a flood prone area
- Water Capacity - this factory farm will be a massive drain on the local water source
- Animal welfare - this factory farm will confine 400,000 hens to cruel conditions
- Noise impact - this factory farm will have a negative noise impact on the local community
- Waste disposal - this factory farm will create tonnes of waste, dead hens and manure
- Dust management - this factory farm will create considerable dust pollution
- Storm water - this factory farm will put massive pressure on the local storm water infrastructure
- Amenity/character - this factory farm will ruin Orini's beautiful valley and pastoral environment
- Lack of inclusion of public in notification process - this factory farm is of national significance and it should have been publicly notified